Zonnique Pullins is a young Atlanta star on the rise. Formerly known as one of three members of the singing group “OMG Girlz” she is making a name for herself as a solo artist and making boss moves outside of music. I recently sat down with the newest cast member of Growing Up Hip Hop Atlanta and got exclusive news about what is next for the singer.
Interview By: Amani Sams
-How was your experience on Growing Up Hip Hop Atlanta?
“Growing Up Hip Hop: Atlanta.” Is all about me and it really showcases me growing up in hip-hop, as well as, me pretty much just figuring my whole career thing out. I think the show also helped me realize a lot of things that I didn’t think about so much, or stress about when I really needed to. I’m a procrastinator, and I think this show showcases that. It helped me to get better with things and get more on top of things.
– Has this experience brought you closer to any of the cast members?
I’ve always been close to Reginae, she’s like a sister.
– The OMG girls were like Atlanta’s Destiny’s Child,Is there a chance that there could be a reunion song or album?
You never know. Those are my girls and I love them but there is nothing on the horizon right now.
-You just released your “Love Jones” EP, what’s next for you musically?
I’m always working on new music, so of course there will be a new project coming one day soon.
– Who would you love to collaborate with?
Anyone from Future to Jhene Aiko and fellow emerging artist Alex Isley are people that I’d like to collaborate with.
– What mark do you want to make on music as a solo artist?
I want to be known for my individuality and for my genuine love of music in all of its forms.
– Your mom just got back with her group Xscape and is making other girl boss moves. How does she inspire you?
I admire how my mom juggles everything that is going on with her being a mom and having career and how she does it all while having a level head and just being the person that she is.
– What ventures are you pursuing outside of music?
I have a cosmetic line called Heiry Cosmetics. The line includes lip stains, lashes, eye shadows, and lipsticks.